Friday, July 3, 2009

Keep your Wii Running, Tip #1: Buy Games with Mileage.

I hear this all the time, “My is just sitting on my shelf gathering dust.” If that is that case then there are many things you can do to change that, but for now I’m going to talk about the most simple and most obvious reason you have that complaint – you’re not buying that right games, if any. There are allot of good games on the , like I said it a system made so that anyone can find something they like. However, most games are forgotten after you run through and beat them for the first time. Those are not the kinda games I’m talking about right now. I’m talking about games that have what I call mileage, meaning that you can come back to them day after day and enjoy them.



The first one that comes to for me is . For those of you who don’t know, Rock Band is a popular game that comes with a set of plastic instruments that allow you and 3 others to emulate the experience of playing in a band. Rock Band has great mileage because of the online music store which is updated weekly. So every week I check in to see what new songs are for sale, maybe buy a few, then invite my friends over to play them. It’s a very addictive, enjoyable, and seamless process that ensures Rock Band is one of the games with the most mileage on .



But, Ok, let’s say you don’t have the luxury of being able to invite friends over on a weekly basis or don’t have the money, or what have you. There are still many other great games that offer a ton of mileage on . A great example is , a game which allows you to move into a virtual town of animals, and create your own life there. It’s kind of a “Second life” deal. But Animal Crossing has great mileage because things in the town change daily, so every day you can hope on, explore what’s new, get a little bit of money, and chat up your neighbours. It’s a very cool and inventive game that is difficult to explain through text, but trust me, once you get your second life established in the world of Animal Crossing you won’t want to leave.



Ok so maybe playing plastic instruments and living in a virtual town full of animals isn’t your thing. Maybe you’re a little more... aggressive shall we say. Then there are still options for you. The one that comes to mind for me is the newly released Conduit. This Great looking and controlling first person shooter supports a fantastic online mode, which lets you throw down with up to 11 other people. Not only that, but supports a variety of modes, maps, guns, and best of all, voice chat support through Speak. It should also be noted that the Conduit also has an experience system, so as you play more, you level up, gaining rank and prestige.




But I can go on forever about great games on the with great mileage, Boom Bloxs: Bash Party, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Medal of Honour Heroes, My Sims etc. The list goes on, but, for now, I hope these three suggestions will tide you over, and encourage you to drag your out of the closet.

Till next time.

Wii Informant Out.

6 comments:

  1. A hard core fps for the wii, finally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. Keep it comming. So i dont need to buy something i may not like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good advice. Replay value is one of the most important components of a game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what I see :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. very helpful post to wii users right here. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Feed Shark